2740 East Glenoaks Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91206-3109
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Experienced manager with strong computer skills and artistic sensibilities.
- Degree in Computer Science recently supplemented with multimedia courses.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technicians, artists and producers.
- Constantly aware of the "big picture" while always keeping an eye on the details.
- Excellent organizational abilities.
- Managerial skills include pre-production planning, budgeting, contracting and production supervision.
Tour Manager, Parachute Express
Glendale, CA 1991-1996
- Oversaw all logistical, operational and production aspects of nationwide concert appearances for a popular, Los Angeles based recording artist on the Disney label.
- Responsibilities included presenter liaison, servicing performance contracts and riders, financial settlement, merchandising, and tour preparation and management.
- Directed stage presentation, ensure proper sound, lighting and staging.
Director of Show Operations, Warren Miller Entertainment
Hermosa Beach, CA 1988-1991
- Planned and supervised all financial, staffing, ticketing and technical aspects for 500 presentations of annual shows in performance centers nationwide.
- Budgeted and accounted for $1,000,000 in revenue and $430,000 in expenses annually.
- Negotiated and contracted dates with 50 major venues annually.
- Reconciled finances with buildings and ticket agencies.
Associate Producer, Warren Miller Television
Hermosa Beach, CA 1989-1991
- In charge of post-production and syndication of 12 half-hour specials per year.
Show Production Manager, Warren Miller Enterprises
Hermosa Beach, CA 1987-1988
- Advanced and supervised all theatrical operations.
- Wrote production manual and technical rider increasing quality and efficiency of presentations.
Concerts Director / Production Manager, Eclipse Jazz
Ann Arbor, MI 1979-1987
- Planned over 100 concerts featuring internationally renowned artists including Ella Fitzgerald, Ray Charles, Miles Davis, Ornette Coleman and Weather Report.
- Produced outdoor summer concert series.
- Contributed to and consulted in long range planning of organization.
Producer / Engineer, WEMU-FM, WCBN-FM
Producer, Soundstage Coffeehouse
- Produced and recorded concerts for simulcast and later broadcast.
- Produced, engineered and hosted various format radio shows.
- Created PSAs for non-profit organizations.
Technical Director, University Activities Center - University of Michigan
- Created and produced a weekly coffeehouse.
- Helped revitalized student interest in student union.
- Provided alternative entertainment space for local performers.
Stage Manager, Universal Studios Hollywood
- Assessed departmental needs in establishing new technical services department.
- Selected, trained and supervised technical production crews.
- Purchased and operated professional sound system.
Audio Engineer, free-lance for numerous employers
- Managed and supervised venue operations before, during and after stage shows.
- Maintained quality and safety standards, worked with union crews, communicated with vendors, assisted with budget management and scheduled crew members.
- Engineered festivals and concerts for groups such as Los Lobos, Joan Baez, Taj Mahal, Leo Kottke and The Persuasions.
- Mixed and recorded multi-track sessions for videotape, radio and albums.
- House engineer for clubs, convention centers and arenas.
- Worked closely with artists to determine proper aesthetic qualities of recordings.
- Ensured that recording sessions ran according to schedule.
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI